Gobbling Up the Giveaways
Welcome to Mommy & Love’s stop in the second annual Gobbling Up the Giveaways hop hosted by The Anti-June Cleaver and Our Piece of Earth! Fall is officially in full swing and the holidays are right around the corner. There’s no better time to showcase an amazing group of bloggers and sponsors who will bring you a lot of fantastic prizes to kick off the holiday season!
Since you’ve found yourself drawn to our specific giveaway hop (hosted by two green living bloggers), I have to assume you are traveling on your own personal green living journey too! This is very exciting because I have the perfect sponsor waiting to share a prize that will aid you on your path to health and sustainability! After you have entered my giveaway, be sure to visit the linky below for more great prizes.
Let me introduce our wonderful sponsor.
HomeLab: The Health Program for Your Home
How many of us are constantly searching to improve our health via the environment? I know I am.
We already know that a healthy body doesn’t come simply with clean eating and exercise. Of course that is of utmost importance, but there’s a reason we are moving back to homemade cleaners made with vinegar, baking soda, and essential oil. There’s a reason the beauty and skin care industry is producing more non-toxic products. We, as consumers, don’t want all the gross silicones, parabens, dyes, phthalates, formaldehyde and petrochemicals that have been linked to causing cancer and other bodily distresses. It’s not exactly what we want polluting our body or the air in our home. We deserve better.
We try and try to live more green, but the entire home clean up process can be daunting! Check out that title image above. The bottom right corner displays my current air pollution results— The peaks are terrible and I’m passionate about green living!! Hint: My peaks most occur when I am cooking meals.
This is essentially why HomeLab started. They recognize that indoor air pollution is “pervasive and silently impacts our health, but it doesn’t have to”.
People deserve healthy homes.
- Indoor air quality is 2-5 Xs worse than outdoors
- 90% of our time is spent indoors
- 62,000 chemicals are allowed in U.S. products
- 2% of these chemicals have had health impact studies. So far 5 have been banned.
What do those stats (provided by HomeLab) mean? It means we need to hurry along and improve our air quality, so we aren’t having our family breathe in toxic air. We can begin by adding air purifying plants such as aloe vera and peace lilies to our rooms, but then bring in HomeLab to do the deep cleaning analysis.
HomeLab Healthy Home Plus Program Guide
- Using a Healthy Home Monitor, HomeLab will collect 10 days worth of air quality data, or your home vitals before creating a personalized program.
- You will use the HomeLab App to create a home profile. Then, Home Doctors will provide you with a tailored healthy home program.
- The Home Fitness Routine will show you how to easily remove 40% of your home’s pollutants and toxins. You might need minor home adjustments, such as exhaust fans and non-toxic products.
- Then, you will move the Healthy Home Monitor to several different areas in order to obtain thorough home vital readings. This will help determine toxic sources.
- Finally, through the Home Detox step, you will remove toxic sources and work on activities to prevent pollutants from coming inside your home.
Sound easy enough? You will have a Home Doctor to access your home’s structure, appliances, flooring, beds, furniture and other key items that allow pollutants in every step of the way. They prioritize items you need to replace or update and guide you through the purchase and installation for each recommendation.
The Healthy Home Plus program is most recommended because it includes the monitor & app. However, they offer a non-monitoring program as well that is just as effective for cleaning up your home’s air.
Visit HomeLab for pricing information and a comparison chart of both programs.
There is so much information to learn about managing your home’s indoor air quality. For those wanting to jump deeper into the science, I encourage you to subscribe to HomeLab’s newsletter so you gain access to their free eBook: How to Create a Healthy, Non-Toxic Home. You will learn all of the following:
- The most common forms of toxins and pollutants
- How toxins enter our bodies
- How different types of products in a home contribute to toxicity and pollution
- Common products and services you should initially avoid
- Basics of building science to help you understand how toxins flow throughout a home and some easy ways to remove them
- A step-by-step process for creating a healthy, non-toxic home
- Steps that can be used for apartments and rentals
This will help you understand ways to improve your indoor air quality right now, by yourself– and also with the assistance of HomeLab’s service.
HomeLab Giveaway: One Year of Free Service!
Prize: HomeLab’s Healthy Home Program (Free year of expert guidance in creating a non-toxic, unpolluted, amazingly healthy home in time for the holidays!)
Giveaway Dates: 11/7/16-11/21/16
Retail Value: $99
Open to US residents
***Anyone wishing to sign up for HomeLab’s Healthy Home or Healthy Home Plus before the giveaway ends will receive 20% off the annual program fee. Use code: mommylove. Giveaway winner will be refunded. Discount expires on 11/21 when giveaway ends.***
Disclosure: Mommy & Love was compensated monetarily for reviewing this service & hosting a giveaway. The Anti-June Cleaver, Our Piece of Earth, and all bloggers participating in the Gobbling Up the Giveaways giveaway hop are not responsible for sponsors who do not fulfill prize obligations.