It’s a myth to say children will turn you into a morning person.
However, I’m sure I’m the only irresponsible mother who wakes up at 6:00am, feeds the toddler (1.5 year old baby) and chooses to let them free-range while returning to sleep on the couch.
So absolutely none of this will pertain to you.
46 Things Your Baby Does While You Are Sleeping
- Color the walls with markers, crayons, pens and pencils.
- Same thing with any piece of furniture you own… kitchen table, couch, chairs, etc
- Eat markers, crayons and chalk.
- Eat chapstick.
- Empty all 500 movies from the cabinet and throw them on the floor.
- Remove DVDs from case and scratch them.
- Dump entire bag of cereal all over the floor.
- Pull down curtains and break the rods.
- Push screens out of windows.
- Pull pictures off wall.
- Crack jewelry tray mirrors.
- Push lamps over and unplug them.
- Disconnect internet.
- Unplug TV.
- Bite buttons off remotes.
- Stand on laptop computers.
- Pour juice all over floor.
- Hide half eaten pears, bananas and carrots underneath couch to be found months later.
- Balance on high surfaces like staircase railings, table tops, and back of couch.
- Fall off and repeat.
- Pull siblings hair.
- Pull cat’s tail.
- Beat sleeping dog with toys.
- Beat sibling and sleeping mother with toys.
- Beat the TV with the remote.
- Chew on and ruin puzzle pieces and kitchen toys.
- Eat staples.
- Take clothes off.
- Take diaper off.
- Poop all over floor.
- Decorate walls with poop.
- Pee on carpet.
- Play in pee puddles.
- Play in toilet.
- Unroll entire roll of toilet paper.
- Suck on toothbrushes.
- Put toothbrush in toilet.
- Play with toilet plunger and cleaner brush.
- Break any eye glasses laying around.
- Eat ear plugs next to bed.
- Put dirty underwear on head.
- Play in dog water.
- Drink dog water (like a dog).
- Eat dog food.
- Dig in kitty litter box.
- Unlock doors and escape.
Don’t think any of this could happen at your house? The majority of these things happened while I was awake… Little boys are trouble. Little girls too, but my girl only did half the things my boy is currently doing.
Fun times being a parent.
Did I miss anything? What’s the worst thing that your baby has done?